Rigid Foam Board Insulation in York, PA
Rigid foam board insulation provides a high insulating value and is ideal for both interior and exterior applications. Typically made of polystyrene, polyisocyanurate or polyurethane, rigid foam insulation can be used in both new and retrofit construction. Whether you’re constructing a new office building, building a new home, or doing a major energy efficiency upgrade, Liberty Insulation is here to help.
As with many types of insulation, proper installation is a key factor in ensuring it functions at its highest capacity. That’s why you should call on the experts at Liberty Insulation in York, PA. We will help you determine whether rigid foam board insulation is the right fit for your project, and we’ll make sure it’s installed to our high standards, keeping your home or business insulated from the elements.
Benefits of Rigid Foam Insulation
Rigid foam board insulation has a high insulating value relative to its thickness, providing optimal insulation for small spaces like framed walls. Rigid foam board insulation can be used in:
- Masonry cavity walls
- Below-grade basement walls
- Crawl spaces
- Framed walls (wood and metal)
- Pre-engineered metal buildings
- Cathedral and flat ceilings
While other types of insulation may not provide enough insulation per square inch in small spaces, rigid foam board insulation doesn’t need as much space as some other insulating materials to increase energy efficiency. Fully insulating small spaces with rigid foam board can help increase the energy efficiency of your home or business and cut down on your energy bills.
Types of Rigid Foam Insulation
Rigid foam board insulation typically comes in three products:
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam is typically used for insulated concrete forms or for roof and wall panel insulation on commercial buildings. Made from foam similar to foam packing material, expanded polystyrene foam is the least expensive of the options but also has a lower insulation capacity per inch.
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam is widely used in home insulation and provides stable, high quality thermal performance over time. Sometimes referred to as blue board or pink board, extruded polystyrene foam is often used to insulate basements.
- Polyurethane or Polyisocyanurate Foam is the most expensive rigid foam board product, but it also comes with the highest insulation capacity. Reflective foil facing on polyisocyanurate adds to its thermal capacity when used in buildings with radiant heat.
Our expert insulation team will explain the benefits of each type of rigid foam insulation board and help determine which is right for your project.
York’s Expert Insulation Installers
At Liberty Insulation we pride ourselves on decades of experience in insulation services, working with customers to determine the right type of insulation for their project, and providing expert installation. Serving the Pennsylvania area since 1987, we have grown into Pennsylvania’s largest independent insulation contractor. Whether you’re building a new home, building a commercial project or upgrading the efficiency of your business, the experts at Liberty Insulation have you covered.